BUELLTON, Calif. – A superior court judge issued a temporary restraining order, requiring a Buellton Fitness Center to follow public health orders and stop indoor operations.
Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce E. Dudley announced on Wednesday that after a hearing on August 31, 2020, the Honorable Jed Beebe of the Santa Barbara Superior Court issued a temporary restraining order (“TRO”) requiring All Sport Fitness Center to stop indoor operations.
All Sport, which is located in Buellton, continued operating indoors after the state and local government issued orders requiring all gyms and fitness centers in counties severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to stop indoor operations.
Dudley said All Sport was allowed numerous opportunities to comply with public health orders but failed to do so, despite warnings from the City of Buellton’s code inspector and the District Attorney’s Office.
In light of All Sport’s failure to stop indoor operations, the Consumer Protection Unit of the District Attorney’s Office had previously filed a civil complaint against All Sport alleging a violation of California’s Unfair Competition Law.
The TRO remains valid until September 11, 2020, when Judge Beebe will determine whether a preliminary injunction is appropriate to enjoin All Sport from violating the public health orders during the pendency of the case.
District Attorney Dudley said, “The District Attorney’s Office remains committed to protecting public health and safety by enforcing state and local public health orders. Compliance with these orders is essential to combatting COVID-19 in Santa Barbara County.”
Information on the current public health orders can be found here: https://publichealthsbc.org/.
— to keyt.com