• Difficulty sleeping or concentrating.
• Lack of energy and motivation to carry out your day-to-day activities.
• Worsening of chronic health problems.
• Worsening of mental health conditions.
• Increased use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs.
Try these strategies:
• Take breaks from watching, reading or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
• Have fun and be creative with activities.
• Take care of your body:
- Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate;
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals;
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep; and
- Avoid overeating, alcohol and drugs.
• Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
• Keep a regular schedule to lessen worry and anxiety.
• Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
• Practice mindfulness.
• Stay connected through video calls with loved ones and friends.
— to journalstar.com